As an Amazon associate we may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) when you buy through the links on this site, but this never influences our opinion.
If you’re after a pair of cheap hair clippers to use at home, there are one or two on the market that are excellent value for money.
Normally I advise you to stay clear of such products, and although the ones I recommend below are cheap, they aren’t bargain-basement cheap.
They are, however, decent hair clippers that do a great job at cutting hair, for around $50 or less.
In a hurry?
Here are the best cheap hair clippers for home use..
|Top||Wahl Color Pro Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clipper & Trimmer – Easy Color-Coded Guide Combs - For Men, Women & Children – Model 9649||Check Price on Amazon|
|Wahl Clipper Elite Pro High-Performance Home Haircut & Grooming Kit for Men – Electric Hair Clipper – Model 79602||Check Price on Amazon|
|Wahl Clipper Combo Pro, Complete Hair and Beard Clipping and Trimming Kit, Includes Quality Clipper with Guide Combs, Cordless Trimmer||Check Price on Amazon|
|Philips Norelco MG5750/49 Multigroom All-In-One Trimmer Series 5000 With 18Piece, No Blade Oil Needed,||Check Price on Amazon|
|Remington HC5850 Virtually Indestructible Haircut Kit & Beard Trimmer, Hair Clippers for Men (15 pieces), Colors Vary||Check Price on Amazon|
Wahl Color Pro Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clipper & Trimmer
For good quality hair clippers at the lower end of the budget, Wahl is hard to beat.
The Wahl Color Pro Cordless Hair Clipper has been flying off the shelves since it was introduced a few years ago.
And for good reason..
It appeals to so many people for so many reasons:
- It is cordless, which has obvious advantages when cutting hair
- It has easy to match, color comb attachments, so you know exactly what guard length you’re using
- Clipper last approx 60mins on one charge
- Comes in a carry case for easy transport
- Can be used worldwide (110-220v)
- Has a self-sharpening stainless steel blade that is detachable and can be easily cleaned
- Spare parts, such as new blades and comb guards are easily attainable
- Is fairly light-weight with an ergonomic design
- Wahl reputation and reliability
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
What is there NOT to like about this clipper?
The reason it’s cheap is primarily down to the motor, and the cutting speed/quality of the blade.
Sure the motor is perfectly good enough to cut hair. You just may need to spend a little longer doing so.
Also, the sharpness of the cut will not match the quality of the more expensive top-of-the-range models.
You get what you pay for in this game.
But hey, if you’re on a budget, or just want to test out a clipper to see if it’s worth investing in a better model in the future, the Wahl Color Pro Cordless is a great entry-level machine.
Check out this video to see how easy it is to use..
Remington HC5850 Virtually Indestructible Haircut Kit & Beard Trimmer
Around the same low price point, we have Remington’s Virtually Indestructible Haircut Kit and Beard Trimmer.
Despite being around for many years, this well-constructed clipper seems to have flown under the radar but is a very impressive, underrated machine.
Its unique selling point is its ‘virtually’ indestructible casing.
It’s made from polycarbonate. An extremely strong, durable material that does a great job in protecting the clipper from damage from knocks or falls.
I don’t know why all clippers aren’t made from this type of material.
What else do I like..
- It’s corded, which may not suit everyone, but the motor is powerful enough and the blade sharp enough, to cut through hair without much trouble.
- Removable blade, making it easy to clean and maintain.
- The clipper has a nice weight and feel and has a chunky rubber grip pattern to keep it firmly in the palm of your hand.
- Steel coated, self-sharpening blades.
- Quiet running motor.
- Designed as a head and beard trimmer.
- Comes with plenty of basic accessories such as scissors, brush, oil, cape, and storage pouch.
- Backed by a reputable brand and Remington’s lifetime warranty.
- Single-use voltage – only runs on 110v and cannot be used with a converter.
- Corded. Which could be an issue for some.
- Cheap accessories.
Just like to Wahl Cordless Color Pro, these clippers are a respectable entry point hair clipper.
They look the part and will do a decent job at cutting hair.
Just bear in mind, at this price you shouldn’t expect it to perform as well as the best mid-range and professional hair clippers.
Cheap Hair Clippers Warning!
DO NOT be tempted to buy what looks like a great hair clipper from a company you’ve never heard of, or can’t pronounce!
There are dozens of products with funky-sounding names like BestBomg, Woner, Limural, Cosyonall, and the list goes on.
They all have lots of glowing
fake reviews, and virtually all of these companies originate from China. Here today, gone tomorrow.
Honestly, read the reviews on Amazon. Some of them are just comical, and most of them are almost certainly incentivized, in exchange for a 5-star review.
The products, such as hair clippers, they mass-produce, do not conform to US or European standards, so there’s no telling what’s inside them or how safe they are.
These companies will no doubt disappear as quickly as they appeared, making getting parts, spares, etc almost impossible.
Stay clear of them, no matter how good value for money you think they are!
For the entry-level price, the Wahl Color Pro cordless hair clippers are the best cheap hair clippers for home use, available right now (in my humble opinion).
The Remington Virtually Indestructible (despite the corny name) is also worth considering. It has a professional feel and look to it, and has many positive Amazon reviews (average 4.6 out of 5 stars).
If you’re serious about using hair clippers on a regular basis and can afford to spend a little more money, then I would certainly suggest you take a look at some of the excellent, mid-range clippers.