As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no additional cost to you.
If you’re looking for the best men’s cordless hair clippers money can buy in 2021, this is the guide for you!
It goes without saying that cordless hair clippers are generally preferred over a corded model.
Cordless makes life so much easier when cutting hair.
Greater freedom of movement, and no trailing cable to get in your way, or limit to how far you can move with your clipper.
For professional barbers who use clippers on and off throughout the day, corded clippers are often the only option. Mainly because mains clippers keep a constant power.
The good news is, hair clippers have come a long way since they were first introduced in the 1920s, and new technology means there is now a lot more power in cordless models.
With so many cordless models to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you.
Depending on your circumstances – and to help you choose, I’ve broken down this guide into various categories.
Feel free to jump to the section(s) that suit your needs.
For the professional who perhaps would like the ability to switch to cordless now and again, or the DIY barber, or occasional home user, I’ve listed the best men’s cordless hair clippers 2021 here for you..
In This Guide..
- Best Professional Cordless Hair Clippers
- Best Home Use Cordless Hair Clippers
- Best Cordless Hair Clipper and Trimmer Set
- Best Budget Cordless Hair Clippers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Best Professional Cordless Hair Clippers
A professional-use, cordless clipper is often essential for barbers and hairstylists.
These types of clippers get used on a daily basis and need to be reliable and consistent in their performance.
Although higher-end clippers are suited for industry professionals, there’s no reason why you can’t use them at home.
Here are my recommended best professional cordless hair clippers:
Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip
The Wahl 5-Star Cordless Magic Clip is one of the most popular clippers used by barbers and stylists.
It’s also one of Wahl’s most successful hair clipper lines.
These are commercial use, heavy-duty clippers – although not heavy in weight.
It has a taper lever and can be zero-gapped – designed to cut, fade and blend all types, and thickness of hair.
This is a work-horse of a clipper.
It’s chunky to hold, but light enough for constant use – only 10 ounces.
I love the burgundy color and classic design of the 5-Star Magic Clip.
- Taper lever for greater precision
- Lithium battery – 90 min run time after just 30 minutes charge
- A unique and adjustable ‘stagger tooth’ steel blade – designed to blend hair and create texture while cutting
- Light weight
- Quiet clipper
- Strong rotary motor
- 8 guide combs – 1/8”, ¼”, 3/8”, ½”, 5/8”, ¾”, 7/8”, & 1”
- Charging unit
- Styling comb
- Blade oil
- Blade guard
- Operating instructions
Pros and Cons for Wahl 5-Star Cordless Hair Clipper
- Reliable, long time favorite hair clipper
- Unique stagger tooth cutting blade for skin fades, blending and for added texture
- Long run-time between charges
- Can use corded or cordless
- Lightweight for ease of use
- Blades prone to heating up quickly
- No stand or case
The Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip is designed for regular, professional use.
It is a real barber’s favorite, but can equally be classed as a home-use hair clipper.
Its real strength lies in its ability to blend hair and create skin fades. It can also handle cutting thick hair with ease.
Read my full review here.
Andis Master Cordless Clipper
The Andis Master Cordless Hair Clipper is a real work of art, and one of the most expensive clipper Andis make.
Due to the overwhelming success of the corded Andis Master, a cordless version was always on the cards.
It looks the “nuts” in its shinny, aluminum casing, and when it’s on display there’s no doubting that this is an expensive, quality, well-built machine.
Motor power is everything with a cordless clipper, and the main reason the Andis Master Cordless has a higher than average price tag, is its’ exceptional, rotary-powered motor.
Andis claims it can deliver over 7,200 strokes per minute, which is an industry leader for a rotary motor.
- Extremely powerful, constant speed, rotary motor
- Taper lever for adjustable blade
- Lithium-ion battery delivers over 90 minutes of constant run time, and charges in just 1 hour
- Near indestructible aluminum housing
- Lightweight – just 2 pounds
- Carbon steel blade with taper lever – adjustable from #000 to #1
- LED light to show when battery charging and fully charged
- 120-240 Volts for international use
- Charging stand
- Blade guard
- Use and care instructions
Pros and Cons of the Andis Master Cordless Hair Clipper
- Quality build, design and looks
- The best rotary motor in the business
- Damage proof aluminium casing
- Great for fading, cutting, tapering – all hair types
- Need to manually zero-gap them
- Quite noisy
- No accessories included
- 90 mins run time not great if using constantly
Love, love, love this beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, cordless hair clipper!
Did I say I like it?
Want accessories? Forget it.
Want a whisper-quiet clipper? Forget it.
Want to sleep with this clipper? – Forget it.
However, if you do want a premium cordless clipper that looks amazing and performs to a consistently high standard, the Andis Master Cordless Hair Clipper is the tool for you.
Oster Professional 76550-100 Octane Clipper
Oster only has 3 cordless clippers – The Oster Octane, the Oster Turbo, and the Oster Eon. (They need to work on their names!)
The Oster Octane is Oster’s most expensive hair clipper. Period.
I love this clipper for its simple, understated quality.
And although it’s the top-priced cordless hair clipper, it delivers in performance.
- Powerful rotary motor
- Detachable blade – can use Oster Titan or Oster Classic 76 clipper blades
- Slim design
- Shipped with 2 detachable blades – #000 and #1
- Blade guard
- Cleaning brush
- Dual base charging stand
- lubricating oil
Pros and Cons of the Oster Octane
- Powerful motor
- High quality, detachable cutting blades
- Dual battery charging station enables you to have a spare battery ready to go
- Break-resistant housing
- Comes with a 3 year Oster backed warranty
- 2 hours run time – 1 hour to charge
- Has a rubbish name!
- Apart from the price, what is there not to like?
Plus it’s one of the very few clippers I know of, that have a 3-year warranty.
Despite the power the motor produces, these clippers are reasonably quiet. They are easy to handle with a well-balanced feel.
If you don’t shy away from the price tag, these clippers are a great investment.
BaBylissPRO Barberology MetalFX Series
The BaByliss Pro MetalFX Series hair clipper has done an amazing job at competing with the best professional hair clippers.
BaByliss may not be the first company you think of when looking for hair clippers, but their top-end cordless models are a real work of art.
Even the motor is supposed to be designed by Ferrari.
This is a luxury, designer-looking machine, with quality cutting blades and a motor to back it up.
The BaBylissPro FX Series of cordless hair clippers come in 3 different colors – gold, silver, and rose gold.
- Powered by a rechargeable, lithium-ion battery – 2 hour run time
- Super sharp, high-carbon stainless steel blade – will cut through all hair types with ease – no snagging or pulling
- A powerful rotary motor – designed by Ferrari – cuts at 6300 rpm
- Taper lever with 5 settings – ideal for more precise work and fades
- Lightweight – making it easy to handle for long periods of time
- Comes with 8 guide combs – 1/18″, 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″ & 3/4″
- Blade guard
- Cleaning brush
- Screw driver to change/adjust blade
Pros and Cons of the BaBylissPro FX Series
- Great looking design
- Ferrari designed motor
- 3 colors to choose from
- Dual voltage for international use
- 2 year warranty (U.S and Canada only)
- No Stand
- No storage case
The BaBylissPro FX Series is a well balance hair clipper that cuts all hair types well and delivers a lot of power.
It is a luxurious, high-end clipper that doesn’t disappoint.
And if you like a bit of ‘bling’, the BaBylissPro Gold is right up there!
Best Home Use Cordless Hair Clippers
The professional-grade clippers I’ve recommended above are designed for constant use, usually in a barbershop or hair salon.
They are designed to be more robust, perform to a higher standard and last much longer. That’s why they have a higher price tag.
Although they are perfectly suitable to use at home, there are other cordless clippers that may be more suitable, particularly if you use clippers less frequently and are more budget-conscious.
Here are my recommended best home use cordless hair clippers:
Remington Hc6550 Cordless Vacuum Hair Clipper
The Remington Cordless Vacuum Hair Clipper may have just possibly started a whole new market of vacuum hair clippers.
If you cut hair at home, you ultimately need to be prepared for a lot of hairs on the bathroom floor.
Even a little trim or tidy-up can result in a ‘shaggy dog’ style floor.
So a cordless hair clipper with a vacuum, and chamber to suck up those pesky hairs, is a great invention.
And by the increasing number of positive reviews on Amazon, it seems to be going down very well.
- A powerful suction that sucks up around 95% of cut hairs
- Easy, detachable chamber allows you to empty the hairs on the go
- Titanium coated blade
- Lithium powered battery – provides 60 mins run time after a 4-hour charge
- Can be used as a hair clipper and beard trimmer
18 piece haircutting kit:
- 9 guide combs – 1.5 to 25mm
- left / right ear taper combs
- 2 sectioning clips to keep hair out of the way
- Blade oil
- Cleaning brush
- Travel storage pouch
Pros and Cons of the Remington Vacuum Cordless hair Clipper
- Collects around 95% of all cut hair
- Decent motor and cutting blade
- Comes with lots of accessories to cut hair at home
- Includes storage | Travel case
- Long run time – 60 mins + after a single charge
- Plastic casing prone to damage
You might be forgiven for thinking this cordless hair clipper is a bit of a gimmick.
But it actually performs very well in cutting hair.
Ideal for home use if you hate cut hair falling all over the bathroom or kitchen floor.
Wahl Color Pro Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clipper & Trimmer
The Wahl Color Pro Cordless Hair Clipper has been a masterstroke for Wahl.
With a half-decent motor and easy-to-identify color-coded guards, these home-use clippers are the most popular budget, cordless clippers on the market right now.
Great cordless hair clippers for beginners, and for those who don’t want to spend too much money on a pair of clippers.
Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit
There isn’t an abundance of home-use cordless hair clippers on the market. Certainly not from the established brands.
Remington must have picked up on this fact and have produced another excellent, mid-range, home-use clipper.
The Remington Shortcut Pro, Self-Haircut Kit is another revolutionary hair clipper that has a growing number of fans.
This is one of only a few clippers on the market that is specifically designed for someone to cut their own hair.
Although it looks too small to be any good, it actually cuts hair really well.
The blade is wider than most clipper blades, and curved, to contour the shape of your head.
This is a genius design feature for cutting your own hair.
- Extra-wide, curved blade
- 40 mins run time
- Self-sharpening, washable blade
- Fits in the palm of your hand for detailed, precision cutting
- 9 guide combs
- Cleaning brush
- Blade oil
- Storage \ travel pouch
Pros and Cons of the Remington Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit
- Wider, curved blade
- Small and easy to handle
- Lots of accessories including travel/storage pouch
- Self sharpening blade – can clean under running water
- Replacement guide combs available
- For home/self use only
- Easily damaged if dropped
If you want to save money on monthly hair cuts, and like to keep your hair nice and short, the Remington Shortcut Pro is just the job!
The curved blade is a stroke of genius!
Best Cordless Hair Clipper and Trimmer Set
Wahl Lithium-Ion Cordless Hair Cutting and Trimming Combo
Andis Professional Cordless Fade Combo – Envy Li Clipper & Slimline Li Trimmer #75020
This dual set of Andis cordless Clippers and Trimmers not only look gorgeous, with the sleek, jet black design, but they are also professional, industrial-grade machines.
The Envy Li Cordless Clipper has a powerful rotary motor capable of cutting through bulky, damp hair.
The Lithium battery keeps the run time up at around 2 hours, which is pretty impressive.
It is very lightweight, has a taper lever for precision fades, and a standard, detachable stainless steel blade.
A workhorse machine that’s built to last.
The Andis Slimline Trimmer that comes with it, is another top-quality machine.
It has an ergonomic handle for ease of use, a T-blade for detailing and precision work, plus the lithium-backed battery giving 2 hours of run time.
This clipper/trimmer combo is highly recommended for professional/home use.
Best Budget Cordless Hair Clippers
If you’re looking for a good pair of hair clippers on a budget, check out my reviews and recommendations for the best cheap hair clippers for home use.
For the best cheap, cordless hair clippers, I can’t see beyond the impressive Wahl Color Pro Cordless.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Make of Corded Hair Clipper is Best?
No matter what type of hair clippers you choose, the leading brands such as Wahl, Andis, Oster, Philips, and BaByliss tend to be the most common clippers used in the industry.
And for good reason.
Their name and reputation, give you more reassurance that you’re buying into a reputable, quality product that comes with a backed-up warranty.
What is the difference between a rotary-powered motor and an electromagnetic one?
- Runs cooler than a standard electromagnetic motor.
- Stronger motor—Won’t bog down even on the thickest of hair textures.
- This is the primary motor for cordless hair clippers.
- Faster blade speed—up to 15,000 strokes per minute (SPM).
- Energy-efficient—uses less power than other motor types.
- Potentially longer lasting due to fewer moving parts.
Cordless Hair Clippers v Corded
Apart from the fact one has a mains power cord and one doesn’t, the difference is mostly the price.
Corded clippers tend to be cheaper than cordless and often you’ll have an identical clipper with corded and cordless models available.
The best cordless clippers also tend to use a more expensive, more powerful rotary motor – hence the higher price.
The best cordless hair clippers for you, are not necessarily the best hair clippers money can buy.
The weight, balance, battery power, frequency of use, etc. will all have an influence over what is important to you.
Just make sure it’s got a decent motor.
One thing is for sure.. cordless hair clippers are here to stay, and I’m sure will eventually replace corded models altogether.
I hope you enjoyed my review of the best cordless hair clippers for men.
Please let me know what you think below.